Prep Time: 20 minutes/Cook Time: 20 minutes/Servings: 4 quesadillas
*1lb. thinly sliced steak, cut into 3" strips
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* juice and zest of 1 lime
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
* 1 tsp. cumin powder
* 1 tsp. garlic powder
* 1 tsp. onion powder
* 2-3 large chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
*4 extra large tortillas (12”)
*4 cups shredded cheese
*1 cup sliced jalapeños
*1 cup diced tomato
*4 tbsp. Sour cream
*1 large avocado, sliced
1. In a large ziploc bag, combine all the marinade ingredients. Seal the bag and massage well until all ingredients are combined and the steak is completely coated.
2. Heat a large skillet to high heat. Add the carne asada and cook on high heat for about 7 minutes, until the meat is browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat, allow it to cool for a few minutes and then roughly chop the strips into small bite size pieces.
3. Cut the four tortillas half way up using a knife or pizza cutter.
4. Heat a large skillet to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add one of the tortillas and sprinkle with one cup of shredded cheese.
5. In the top left corner, add about 1/4 cup of the carne asada. Place 4-5 slices of jalapeño on top of the meat.
6. Allow the cheese to melt on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, then in the top right corner, add the diced tomato and sour cream. In the bottom right corner, add the sliced avocado.
Fold the bottom left corner up to cover the meat, then fold over to the right, covering the tomato/sour cream, then fold down, covering the avocado. Press the top down with a large spatula to seal. Remove from the heat and repeat steps 4-6 to make three more MEGADILLAS!