It's finally spring and no one wants to be stuck in the kitchen all day when the weather outside is finally beautiful! The Instant Pot has been an amazing help to families all over with quick, easy and delicious dinner recipes. This one uses an Aussie Lamb Shoulder chop with some beautiful, fresh raspberries, thyme and yes...WINE!!!
Raspberry and Red Wine Aussie Lamb Shoulder Chops
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 70 minutes / Servings: 4-6
1.75 lb. Aussie Lamb shoulder chops
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 large Thyme bundle (About 1/4 cup)
2 cups Quality beef stock
1 cup Red wine (Shiraz)
10 oz. Bag of frozen raspberries (thawed)
4 large Cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
3 tbsp. Tomato paste
1. Turn Instant Pot onto the sauté setting. When heated, add the olive oil and 2-3 sections of lamb. Sear on all sides for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic about halfway through. Sear the meat in batches until all pieces are completely seared on all sides and the garlic is fragrant and soft.
2. Remove the meat and deglaze the pot with the beef stock. Add the red wine, tomato paste, thyme and raspberries. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the meat back in, arrange so the meat is almost completely submerged, and reset the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook (high pressure). Set the timer for 35 minutes, cover, lock and close the vent.
4. After the 35 minute timer is up, allow the steam pressure to naturally release for an additional 20 minutes. Manually release the remaining steam pressure and carefully uncover.
5. Plate each serving. Stir the leftover broth well and ladle a few spoonfuls of the broth over the meat and side dishes. Garnish with leftover raspberries and thyme. Serve immediately.
To find Aussie lamb shoulder chops and other great Aussie grass-fed products, click here.
For more recipes, go to https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/own-your-party/